We are currently looking to add a Junior Accountant to our team. Troika Management Corp. is a progressive, future-focused land and real estate development company based in Kelowna, BC. We are involved from start to finish in the creation of living spaces and communities, from the acquisition of under-utilized land, construction, sales and marketing through to property management. We are dedicated to creating the best possible environment for families. This is where you come in.
Under the direction of the Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible to take the lead on AP and AR within the organization and will assist the accounting team with data entry, change orders, purchase orders, budgets, and other information necessary to deal with the various companies, projects, and departments. The ideal candidate will be an energetic team player who is excited to ensure efficiency and effectiveness within the Troika accounting team. Your strong work ethic and incredible communication skills will be vital to the success of this role.
• Ongoing and effective communication with vendors regarding payment inquiries;
• Create cheque runs and assist with distribution;
• Process utility payments for all companies through online banking;
• Process weekly payment requests as required;
• Post all payables for their renovation company;
• Monitor accounts receivable and follow up on payment as needed;
• Maintain and improve systems for communication with the various departments regarding the invoicing needed;
• Calculate and prepare invoices and monthly statements;
• Record and deposit funds as received;
• Perform ongoing and month end bank reconciliations of all companies;
• Submit GST remittances;
• Maintain filing systems and tracking systems for receivables, payables, bank reconciliations and month end requirements;
• Additional duties as required.
• Highschool diploma plus accounting/bookkeeping certificate;
• Minimum 2 years in a similar role, preferably in an office environment;
• Prior experience working in the Real Estate industry would be a definite asset;
• Strong computer literacy, including excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
• Previous experience working with Sage 100 considered an asset;
• Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities;
• Ability to handle data with confidentiality and integrity;
• Strong organizational and time management skills;
• Well organized with strong attention to detail, accuracy, and analytical thinking.
• The ability to thrive in a team-based environment, although you are self-motivated and able to function autonomously;
• Strong ability to multitask and work on several projects at the same time;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative work style.
Closing & Additional details
Hours of work will be dependent upon the availability of the successful candidate. This may be an ideal opportunity for someone who needs some flexibility in their life balance and wants to start with 30 hours a week and work towards 40 hours a week in the future. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please submit your resume as soon as possible with a cover letter outlining your desired schedule.
The ideal candidate will be able to take initiative, work independently as well as in a team environment. They should embody the TRIBE values:
Team-based | Reputable | Innovative | Bold | Excellent
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Our Division is committed to excellence and hires based on merit. We value diversity and welcome applications from all qualified individuals. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted.